Tuesday 24 February 2015

Monday 23 February 2015

Today was such a fab day, I feel somehow like I accomplished a lot.
I went down to New College to take out a book from the library there. I'd never been inside before and it's beautiful. The court yard alone was breathtaking but then you step into the library with its stained glass windows and wow. But anyway the book I wanted was downstairs in this huuuuge room filled with rows and rows of books. And it was so dark and so quiet, it's the kind of place someone could murder you and I swear no one would find you for weeks. So safe to say it was a little scawy.
As I was walking back afterwards I thought I'd have a look inside St Giles kirk as I mean to every time I'm on the Royal Mile but never seen to. And it is stunning inside. I mean, anyone who knows me knows that I love churches so I may be a little biased, but it is so beautiful. I'd love to go to a service there, and see it being used instead of just as something pretty to look at.





No comments:

Post a Comment