Tuesday 17 February 2015

Monday 16 February 2015

For her birthday, Thea was given tickets to the Harry Potter Studios in Leavesdon so it gave Thea, Daddy, Catherine, Emma and I an excuse for a little family excursion. And it was such a great day! It was slightly surreal seeing some of the sets and props (Thea is still convinced that they weren't real). Some people might say that it ruins the magic, but I just found it fascinating, getting a glimpse of the astonishing amount of work, care and love that went into these productions. Seeing the model of Hogwarts at the end was breathtaking; I got so caught up in the detail. It's just so clever! Another part which I really enjoyed was reading and hearing about what the different departments worked on and how they worked together. Did you know that all the oil paintings in the films were painted by hand?!
I found myself asking, 'if I worked here, what would I want to be?' And I think the answer would definitely be Set Decorator. Being able to decide on the atmosphere, the mood, the style, the tastes of a space; to be able to affect the audiences perceptions of a place would be so much fun! It's something I'll now definitely be looking in to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment