Thursday 15 October 2015

Thursday 15 October 2015

Today really began with Lovecrumbs with Mil again for lunch. I think we might make this a regular thing, because cake for lunch is the best idea ever.
I then met Mummy and Kim at the National Gallery and we had a fantastic afternoon of fantastic art. First we went around the Arthur Melville exhibition which was breath-taking. My favourites were his Oriental water colours, and I completely fell in love with 'King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid'; the melee of textures combined with the spectacularly vivid colours and ephemeral presence of the figures was mesmerising.
I also loved one of the quotes that they had above some of the works, you can just about see it in the picture but, it's a quote from Melville and it says

 "Accidents are the makings of a picture."


No comments:

Post a Comment